Our experience includes projects for national and local public agencies, municipalities, utilities, institutions, architects and engineers, and private sector clients including design of new facilities and evaluations of existing/historic structures.
Our experience is broad-based, including dams, bridges, roads and highways, railroads, transit facilities, buildings, airports, pavements, pipelines, industrial and petrochemical plants and refineries.
We prepare innovative, thoughtful designs to meet client’s goals, reduce construction and maintenance cost, and meet regulatory criteria.
SA provides complete engineering services for dams and other water-related structures, including bridges, seawalls, culverts, levees, embankments, dikes, flood control, water supply reservoirs, fish passage, riprap and revetments.
Our water-related services encompass geotechnical, structural, geologic, hydrologic, hydraulic, and scour engineering, from condition assessments, evaluation and regulatory compliance, through design, permitting, bidding and construction completion.
Our extensive dam and levee design and construction experience includes reconstructions, renovations and repairs to concrete gravity dams, embankment dams, and historic stone masonry mill dams and ponds; design of high-efficiency (labyrinth weir) spillways; internal erosion control, embankment grouting, and rock anchors; and optimization of gate operations to meet complex flood-control requirements.
SA provides engineering and consultation to municipal, state, and federal clients and owners in all six New England states.
We are certified as a Woman-owned Business Enterprise (WBE) and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont.
Clients and owners clients include numerous cities, towns, and regional, state and federal agencies, departments and authorities.
SA provides services for a wide variety of transportation facilities from investigation, inspection and evaluation through design, permitting, bidding and construction completion, such as:
- Bridges, culverts, roads, highways, signs, and sound barriers,
- Multi-level parking structures, maintenance garages, and multimodal facilities (e.g. ferry/bus/auto/rail);
- Piers, docks, harbors, drydocks, dikes, spurs, and revetments;
- Airports, pavements, embankments, and fills over soft soils;
- Railways, subway, commuter rail, and large-scale rail maintenance yards;
- Public transit stations, pedestrian and bicycle paths and bridges
SA provides services for critical lifelines and resources, including:
- Water distribution pipelines, pumping stations, surge tanks, water storage tanks, dams, and reservoirs;
- Water treatment facilities, water and sewer systems, and settlement basins;
- Natural gas pipelines, metering and regulating stations, heaters, and filters;
- Buried utility investigation and exploration, locating, and clearance;
- Oil tank farms, communication towers, and power generating stations.
SA personnel have advanced degrees in soil-structure interaction of buried pipelines subjected to large ground deformations (e.g. due to landslide or earthquake fault, etc.).
SA provides services for a wide variety of commercial, residential and specialty structures and foundations, such as:
- Wood-, concrete- and steel-framed houses, foundations, slabs, additions, pools and terraces, retaining walls, slopes, and seawalls, docks and piers;
- Commercial structures such as low- and high-rise buildings, mixed-use developments, warehouses, convenience stores, clubhouses, dance studios, restaurants and nightclubs;
- Specialty engineering to meet our clients' needs such as maintenance fall-support roof anchors on high-rise buildings, seismic restraints for sensitive industrial equipment, and custom-configured construction scaffolding for fast-track power plant renovations
SA provides services for institutional, educational, and civic projects in New England and abroad, including:
- Schools, libraries, churches, and civic and community centers;
- Correctional facilities, courthouses, and hospitals;
- Sports arenas, ballfields, and multipurpose school/ emergency assembly buildings .
SA has extensive experience providing subconsultant services to architects and engineers.
We assist with geotechnical, geologic, structural, hydrologic and hydraulic engineering; from investigation and planning to design, bid and construction phase.
We are certified as a Woman-owned Business Enterprise (WBE) and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont, helping our clients meet their supplier diversity benchmarks.